Thursday, July 8, 2010

Last Day - Last post

Well today went like all our normal rest days.  We slept in, had a lazy start, got some breakfast, and Sarah and I headed out to the market to have one last look before we left Switzerland.  We then came back and packed and my dad and my uncle worked out the expenses for the trip.  They tallied up the total that we spent and owed and I think Sarah best described it by quoting, "It's a little between ouch and boing."  After that, we grabbed a quick bite to hold us over for dinner and spent the afternoon in the park.  Mont Blanc (the highest peak in Europe) decided it would show itself today, so we finally got to see it.  It is always covered in snow because it never gets warm enough up there to melt the snow.  Amazing... We then went back to the apartment for a while, headed out to a small restaurant for dinner, and then some of us went and watched the Germany vs. Spain World Cup game (I am so disappointed in the Germans, by the way) at our new "watch the World Cup" spot.  This time, the little turkish restaurant was filled with people who were watching the game (a lot of Spain fans...mumble mumble) and it was fun yelling and screaming along with the crowd.  After a depressing loss, we walked back to get some rest for our travel day tomorrow... (rise and shine at 4:00am!  Yippadoodle...) :)


So here we are, at the end of the 10 wonderful days.  I personally go between feeling like it has been so long since we left and then feeling like it was just yesterday that we boarded our plane. I miss much at home, but still do not want to leave.  There is so much here that I have grown to love - it is hard to think I might not come back for a while.  But another chapter closes while another one opens and I cannot even begin to say how grateful I am that God provided this trip for me.  It has been an adventure full of memories that I will take with me for the rest of my life... 

A few cravings from the travelers that are coming home:

Sarah - Chinese food
Kelsey - a vanilla milkshake from Chik-fil-a
Andy - an enchilada

On behalf of my dad and Sarah, thank you for reading and praying.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed telling our stories. We cannot wait to see you all face to face and share more!


Au revoir Europe!  Hello America!


For the final time
- Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment